Start meditating now.
Get a taste of the SkillfulMeans Method. Experience the benefits of meditation and apply your insights.
This one-week in-depth meditation training is an accelerated mindfulness program designed to meet you where you are and teach you the keys to integrate focus, calm, and clarity into every area of your life.
What You’ll Learn In The Course
- The Basics of A Good Meditation Practice: Whether you’re a long-term meditator or this is your first meditation training, you’re going to learn how to prepare your mind and body to experience the full benefits of practice.
- The Anapanasati Meditation Technique: William will guide you through an ancient meditation technique that is the basis of modern-day mindfulness.
- Walking Meditation: Take your practice off the cushion by learning how to maintain presence while your body is in motion (think of this like training wheels for practicing in daily life)
- Being Fully Present: Watch how your relationships transform when you give people the gift of your full attention. Learn how to listen with your entire body (and not just your mind)
- What Wellbeing Means to You: Uncover a unique vision of what a truly mindful life looks like. Discover where you most want to focus the growing power of your awareness.
- Unlock Your Motivation: Tap into your innate desire for growth by discovering your true motivation for practice.
- The Domains of Wellbeing: whether it’s relationships, career, life purpose, spirituality, or health we all have reasons why we meditate. Learn how to apply your meditation to each life domain.
About Your Teacher:
Dr. William Jackson is a clinical psychologist, meditation teacher, and the founder of SkillfulMeans. In 2005 he gave up everything, flew to Burma, and embarked on the life-changing inner journey of a simple Buddhist monk.
As a monk, he would often spend 4 to 6-months, deep in the jungle meditating for 12 to 14 hours a day. On one of these retreats, 4 years into his training William had a profound insight that would later lead him to leave the monastery, and earn a doctorate in psychology.
In the years that followed, William created the SkillfulMeans approach to wellbeing combining traditional meditation training with modern science-backed approaches to mental, emotional, and physical health.