Core Methodology of the Program: The Anatomy of Well-being
Find Your Motivation to Practice
We help you create and refine a clear picture of your personal well-being throughout the 12 weeks.
Develop a Systematic Practice
Learn meditation from the deepest meditative traditions and researched backed strategies without the trappings of a Guru or the medical system.
Apply your meditation superpowers to your life where it is needed most, relationships, meaningful work, physical and mental health.
Build Your Community
Instead of teaching you a method and then leaving you to the fishes we will be there supporting you to build your chosen tribe. It is the key and only way to a steady practice.
What you get:
Weekly videos covering topics such as the physiology and psychology of meditation, Zen stories and applying meditation to your daily life.
Weekly Live Calls
Get answers to burning questions about your practice and share success and struggles with fellow meditators on weekly calls.
These are personal exercises to help you recognize insights and plan ways to bring this practice into your real life.
Start creating your supportive community. Get paired with a partner to meet on a weekly basis to practice applying mindfulness skills and get personal feedback.
Daily Meditation Recording Prompts
Guided meditation recordings that build in a systematic program to get you steady clear results.
Continue the conversation from our live meetings, access free challenges and resources from world-class meditation teachers and share your personal meditation expereince and questions on our integrated platform.
Part 1. Foundations of Mindfulness
Week 1 - Orientation: The State of Things/Personal Definition of Well-being
- Structure of the course and platform
- The Four Noble Truths
- What does the science say about how much to sit and for how long?
- Your personal Anatomy of Wellbeing
Week 2 - Mind and Body are One:
- The Integrated Nervous System
- The wisdom vs science perspective of reality
- Dealing with distractions
- Applying meditation to personal priorities
Week 3 - Evolutionary Psychology as Context for Practice
- Where we came from and where we are going
- The expereince of the default mode network vs a mindful brain
- Anatomy of well-being our innate ability
Week 4 - Nerds: Ancient Technique & Research Models
- Tradition and Religious Roots of Practice
- The 8 Fold Noble Path
- The 10 Perfections
Week 5 - Mindfulness in Daily Life
- Who are you creating?
- Stages of Integrating Mindfulness in your daily life
Part 2. Learning to love
Week 6 - Love
- Metta and the network effect of positive emotion
- Stages of the practice of Loving Kindness
Week 7 - Loving
- Unconditional love
The Four Brahma Viharas (Divine Abodes)
- Creating Loving Conversation
Week 8 - Personalizing Loving Kindness
- Like the a mother and her only child
- Loving Kindness in action: Motivational Interviewing & Beginning Anew
- Commincating with loved ones
Part 3 Looking Deeply, Seeing Clearly
Week 9 - Looking Deeply and Seeing Clearly: Body
- Introduction to Vipassana
- Kayanupassana: Mindfulness of The Body and Ultimate Materiality
- Anatomy of Well-being: Body
Week 10 - Looking Deeply and Seeing Clearly: Feeling
- Vedanupassana: Mindfulness of Feeling & responding vs reacting
- Compactedness of Feeling
- Anatomy of Well-being: Feeling
Week 11 - Looking Deeply and Seeing Clearly: Mind
- Cittanupassana - Mindfulness of The Mind
- Recognizing States of Mind
- Reflections of the mind in enviornment and relationships
Week 12 - Looking Deeply and Seeing Clearly: Personal Truth
- Relationships, values, habits and goals
- Integrating Insights
- Personal Dharma
- Community Support
*Extra: Nowhere to go, Nothing to do/Retreat package and resources
As part of that overarching goal there are three guiding principles for participating in the course.
- Keep your own well-being in mind and be compassionate to yourself
- Be a supportive member by helping others clarify their vision of well-being
- Reserve the time to practice and complete the homework
Nuts and Bolts
- Course materials will be on a week by week basis.
- After week one there will be three videos of varying length addressing the topic of the week.
- You will have one short written homework assignment each week. Please stay on top of them as they build week after week.
- Although the group meetings have a regularly scheduled time 6-7pm on a agreed upon day you will have to arrange the 30min meetings with your partners according to both of your schedules.