Heather Wise MPH &
The Mindful Body Program
12 week 20+ hour training on how to heal your relationship with your body and food with mindful, intuitive eating for the health of your microbiome
Who is this training for?
If you are...
- Interested in learning how our microbiome can transform your own mood, sleep, metabolism, energy and overall health.
- Looking to broaden your expertise on a cutting edge nutrition and well-being topic, that has not been integrated into most mainstream wellness programs.
- A mental-health or wellness professional looking to help your clients understand how cultivating their microbiome affects their mental health.
Meet Your Guide
Heather Wise, MPH is a certified integrative nutritionist, meditation teacher and certified yoga instructor. She studied with pioneers in the field of holistic wellness at the Institute of Integrative Nutrition, accredited by Columbia University’s Teacher’s College and the American Association of Drugless Practitioners and holds a masters degree in Public Health from Boston University School of Public Health.
For the past 10 years, Heather Wise has been guiding individuals on a personal journey towards healing and tuning into their microbiome. In 2018, she published her book, A Gut Feeling: Conquer Your Sweet Tooth By Tuning Into the Microbiome on the transformative power of the mind-gut connection with the prominent academic publishing house, Rowman and Littlefield and received numerous rave reviews from researchers and experts at Stanford University School of Medicine, Harvard Medical School Library Archivist and Boston University School of Public Health.
She has worked in health prevention at some of the most robust and pioneering preventative health organizations in the country including the Massachusetts Department of Public Health Division of Prevention and Wellness, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts Department of Prevention and Wellness, and Vitality. She lives in the Boston area with her husband and two kids.
What is the online program?
The Mindful Body Program is a 12 week, 20+ Hour hybrid live and pre-recorded course. You will have access to hours of videos, exercises, a community forum of resources, and optional bi-weekly coaching calls with Heather, if you choose.
In this Program you will:
Learn the Science Behind the Microbiome: Discover how billions of living microbes play a pivotal role in determining our levels of feel good chemicals and mood, inflammation and physical pain, metabolism (weight), cravings and taste buds.
Calm Your Body with Self-Compassion: Learn the most effective evidence-based nervous system regulating techniques and practices, based on the latest mental health research proven to help with sleep, anxiety and digestion to create an optimal climate for your healthy microbes to flourish – and how to share these practices with your clients if you are a wellness professional.
Practice Intuitive Biome-Conscious Eating: Strengthen your mind-body connection by eating more intuitively. Tune into the wisdom of your body by learning how to decipher the signals of your internal ecosystem for lasting changes in your health and mood.
Create Your Food Oasis: Learn all the hacks for adding in nutrients to your diet that best support the health of your microbiome through delicious healthy meals, snacks and dessert recipes and find joy in food preparation.
What is included in live coaching?
During your 6 coaching calls with Heather you will received a personalized assessment of your microbiome and action steps (including supplement recommendations) for your unique biome and symptoms.
Heather will help keep you on track towards your vision of health and well-being with regular meetings, follow-up emails, video recordings of each call, and text and email support between sessions.
Each week will cover a different topic, with short videos, writing exercises and mind-body practices adding up to about 30 min- 1 hour of work each week. We will explore weekly reflection questions and practice on our own and with accountability partners during the week.
Each week we will discuss themes of the week and explore questions to deepen our practice and teaching skills in the community discussion and on optional coaching calls.
Week 1: Welcome! Mapping Your Vision
- How to listen to your body
- Creating a map towards more well-being
- Introducing essential nutrients for your microbiome
Week 2: Your Personalized Superfood Elixir
- Creating your personal elixir
- Delicious gut healthy recipes
- Intermittent Detoxing
Week 3: Your Inner Critic
- The ONLY way to change long-term habits
- Gut Brain Training: Self- Compassion Practice
Week 4: Tuning Into The Body
- Acts of Loving Kindness for your body
- The Four Pillars of a Mindful Body
Week 5: Creating Your Food Oasis
- Creating a food oasis
- Populating your pantry
- Meal recipes and planning meals
Week 6: Stress, Sweets and Snacks
- Tapping into blood sugar cues
- Mapping a long term vision & Stages of change
- “Special Guest” Mindfulness of feeling with Dr. William Jackson Former Buddhist Monk
Week 7: Mindful Movement
- Nurturing your body vs straining
- Developing a growth mindset and a daily practice
- Tending to our pain and caring for the body
Week 8: Mood-Balancing Meals and Practices
- Listening to our body and not our thinking mind
- The science behind the gut brain axis
- Mood balancing food and microbe rich body fuel
Week 9: What Your Poop Can Tell You
- What you stool says about your microbiome
- Getting to know your microbes
- How to make sauerkraut
Week 10: Mindful Eating Practice
- Sustaining a mindful eating practice
- The Mindful Body Assessment
Week 11: Body Cues and Intuitive Eating
- Pulling it all together: Practicing intuitive eating
- Intuitive Eating practices
Week 12: Vision for Your Future
- Savoring your accomplishments.
- Integrating what you have learned and planning next steps
Bonus Week: Sustainable Weight Loss Secrets
Register for The Program
Learn the science behind tuning into the body
Gain insight through gut brain trainings
Practice intuitive biome-conscious eating
Create your, "Food Oasis"
If you have any questions schedule a free Insight Call to learn more or join the next class.
In this call you will learn more about The Mindful Body 12 week program
- Clarify your motivation for improving your mental and physical health.
- Take a look at your current system of eating and caring for your body.
- Learn how to tap into your gut-brain axis for lasting improvement in your health.
- See if The Gut Feeling Program is a good fit for you