Discover Food Freedom with Biome-Conscious Eating
Do you struggle with digestive problems, stomach pain, or stubborn weight? How many times have you gone to the doctor and been told “it’s just stress”?
Research on the microbiome shows that balancing our gut is vital if we want to reach and maintain our healthy ideal weight, speed up our metabolism, mood, sleep and overall mental health.
Becoming a master gardener of our microbiome is about healing from gut dysfunction so we can find and maintain our ideal body weight and enjoy balanced energy levels, reduce inflammation and feel great in our body for years to come.
What You'll Learn:
In my course we’ll go through how to balance our digestive health and find our ideal, healthy body weight without giving up your favorite foods or adding gym sessions.
We'll add gut balancing foods based on the latest nutritional research on the microbiome so you don’t have to read dozens of research papers.
You’ll gain skills in balancing the microbiome which in turn helps restore our digestive health, nervous system, and even immune system
We'll add mindfulness and mindful eating practices to increase enjoyment of foods, improve mood and recover from stress.
Who is this training for?
If you are...
- Interested in learning how our microbiome can transform your digestive health, mood, chronic pain, sleep, metabolism, energy and overall health.
- Looking to broaden your expertise on cutting edge nutrition and well-being practices, that have not been integrated into mainstream wellness or clinical settings.
- Interested in confronting the "diet mentality" in our culture and find a more mindful, intuitive approach to food and your body.
Meet Your Guide
Heather Wise, MPH is a certified integrative nutritionist, herbalist, meditation teacher and certified yoga instructor. She studied with pioneers in the field of holistic wellness at the Institute of Integrative Nutrition, accredited by Columbia University’s Teacher’s College and the American Association of Drugless Practitioners and holds a masters degree in Public Health from Boston University School of Public Health.
For the past 10 years, Heather Wise has been guiding individuals on a personal journey towards healing and tuning into their microbiome. In 2018, she published her book, A Gut Feeling: Conquer Your Sweet Tooth By Tuning Into the Microbiome on the transformative power of the mind-gut connection with the prominent academic publishing house, Rowman and Littlefield and received numerous rave reviews from researchers and experts at Stanford University School of Medicine, Harvard Medical School Library Archivist and Boston University School of Public Health.
She has worked in health prevention at some of the most robust and pioneering preventative health organizations in the country including the Massachusetts Department of Public Health Division of Prevention and Wellness, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts Department of Prevention and Wellness, and Vitality. She lives in the Boston area with her husband and two kids.
What will we cover in this program?
The Mindful Body program is a hybrid live and pre-recorded course. You will have access to hours of videos, exercises, a community forum of resources, along with individual or group coaching calls with Heather.
In this Program you will:
Learn the Science Behind the Microbiome: Discover how billions of living microbes play a pivotal role in determining our levels of feel good chemicals and mood, inflammation and physical pain, metabolism (weight), cravings and taste buds.
Feel Better In Your Body: Learn the most effective evidence-based techniques and practices proven to help with sleep, anxiety and digestion to create an optimal climate for your healthy microbes to flourish
Create Your Food Oasis: Learn all the hacks for adding in nutrients to your diet that best support the health of your microbiome through delicious healthy meals, snacks and dessert recipes and find joy in food preparation.
Practice Mindful Eating: Find ultimate enjoyment in your food, while learning to decipher and respond to the signals your body is sending for lasting changes in your weight, health and mood.
What is included in live coaching?
During your first coaching call with Heather you will receive a personalized assessment of your microflora with action steps (including supplement recommendations) for your unique microbiome and symptoms.
Heather will help keep you on track towards your vision of health and well-being with regular meetings, follow-up emails, video recordings of each call, and text and email support between sessions.
Each week will cover a different topic, with short videos, writing exercises and mind-body practices adding up to about 30 min- 1 hour of time each week. We will explore weekly reflection questions and practice on our own and with accountability partners during the week.
Each week we will discuss themes of the week and explore questions to deepen our practice and teaching skills in the community discussion and on coaching calls.
Week 1: Welcome! Mapping Your Vision
- How to listen to your body
- Creating a map towards more well-being
- Introducing essential nutrients for your microbiome
Week 2: Your Personalized Superfood Elixir
- Creating your personal elixir
- Delicious gut healthy recipes
- Intermittent Detoxing
Week 3: Your Inner Critic
- The ONLY way to change long-term habits
- Gut Brain Training: Self- Compassion Practice
Week 4: Tuning Into The Body
- Acts of Loving Kindness for your body
- The Four Pillars of a Mindful Body
Week 5: Creating Your Food Oasis
- Creating a food oasis
- Populating your pantry
- Meal recipes and planning meals
Week 6: Stress, Sweets and Snacks
- Tapping into blood sugar cues
- Mapping a long term vision & Stages of change
- “Special Guest” Mindfulness of feeling with Dr. William Jackson Former Buddhist Monk
Week 7: Mindful Movement
- Nurturing your body vs straining
- Developing a growth mindset and a daily practice
- Tending to our pain and caring for the body
Week 8: Mood-Balancing Meals and Practices
- Listening to our body and not our thinking mind
- The science behind the gut brain axis
- Mood balancing food and microbe rich body fuel
Week 9: What Your Poop Can Tell You
- What you stool says about your microbiome
- Getting to know your microbes
- How to make sauerkraut
Week 10: Mindful Eating Practice
- Sustaining a mindful eating practice
- The Mindful Body Assessment
Week 11: Body Cues and Intuitive Eating
- Pulling it all together: Practicing intuitive eating
- Intuitive Eating practices
Week 12: Vision for Your Future
- Savoring your accomplishments.
- Integrating what you have learned and planning next steps
Bonus Week: Sustainable Weight Loss Secrets
*NEW* Mindful Body Balanced Weight Group Program
The group coaching program is specifically designed for women looking to heal their gut dysfunction and lose 5-20lbs.
Attend weekly group coaching sessions with a group of high-achieving, conscious women looking to lose 5-20lbs without giving up favorite foods or adding gym sessions by balancing the gut and practicing mindful eating.
This group coaching experience includes everything within the Mindful Body Program + weekly group coaching calls with a small group of amazing women for a powerhouse of support and meaningful connections to help you reach your goals.
Register for The Group Program
- 12 Group Coaching Calls with a group of like-minded women for accountability and support, led by Heather
- A Microflora Assessment Session with Heather for personalized assessment of your microbial health and recommendations to bring your biome into balance
- Access to Heather through Voxer for online support (voice messaging and text) to keep you on track towards your goals
- A 12 week Program on the Gut Brain with a step-by-step process to tap into your gut-brain axis for lasting improvement in your digestive health and natural production of feel good chemicals contributing to your overall mental and physical health.
- Delicious Gut Healthy Recipe Collection: Access to an arsenal of gut-healthy, delicious snacks and sweets, and meal recipes to support your gut brain health and are equally easy and enjoyable to integrate into your daily routine without a morsel of regret.
- Weekly modules and exercises to take you on a journey to map out your own unique path to well-being
- Gut brain trainings, mindful eating practices and tons of resources to support you in feeling your best mentally and physically.
If you have any questions schedule a free Insight Call to learn more or join the next class.
In this call you will learn more about The Mindful Body 12 week program
- Clarify your motivation for improving your mental and physical health.
- Take a look at your current system of eating and caring for your body.
- Learn how to tap into your gut-brain axis for lasting improvement in your health.
- See if The Gut Feeling Program is a good fit for you